02 November 2005

I once knew a girl, in the years of my youth.

This week has been stressful, but I've been good. I haven't smoked since Friday. I needed to prove to myself that I could go a week without, because I was starting to fear addiction.

I deal well with stress. I am not sure if I bottle it up inside, or if I just don't let it get to me, but I do not freak out very badly like some people. I get frazzled and I try to get everything over with as fast as possible, and I start going "aah!" when something else comes up, or the time is appropriate. I also laugh, though, and try to make it a good time. I don't let the stress build up and thow me over the edge to insanity, because that would not help the situation.

Well... it is only Wednesday. I am not sure how I am going to survive the rest of the week, but tomorrow is my first real day off in about two weeks, so I am sure that will do wonders for my chances of survival.

Sometimes, it is fun to keep things secret, like my little crushes on boys. Especially those that come at the most inappropriate times, or that I know will never last or become anything more. It is fun because I can grow out of them on my own, and no one needs to know that it ever happened. I am sure that, someday, I will still be friends with these folks, and perhaps I will tell them about it and laugh. Perhaps I will be friends with them for a long time, and it will grow into something more, but it is not something I feel compelled to think about anymore. It is like when you break up with someone who you really, truly loved, and you think about them all the time. After a while, you notice that you aren't thinking about them constantly, and then a week goes by and you haven't even thought of their name, and then a month, and then suddenly it's been years and you've moved on, built a life of your own, and are happy. Well... maybe not just like that.

Time goes faster for me when I'm not in love.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?